RADIUS OTP auth with Apache

Scholz, Dieter rd-disc at gmx.net
Wed Apr 12 17:02:38 CEST 2017

Hello,

thanks for your fast reply.

>> - Is there a solution for the cookie not getting deleted when using the libapache2-mod-auth-radius module?
> This is a browser problem.

I used all major Browsers for my tests (Chrome, Firefox, IE). So it's
hard for me to imagine that the browser is the problem.

>> - Is there another way to auth against a radius server (or the linotp server) that works?
> The problem is the browser and how it handles cookies (especially given that the 'incognito' mode shows it functions correctly. Sort the cookie problem out and the method of how you authenticate (with mod-auth-radius) becomes irrelevant?
>
> As such, this problem is better addressed in an Apache mailing list, not here.

I scanned the sourcecode of the radius auth module. The cookie and it's
type is set by the module and you manipulate the validity time using
module instructions (AuthRadiusCookieValid). So what should Apache do?
Manipulate the cookie? Sorry, but it seems I do not completly understand
your answer.

Is there somone who is using an Apache/Radius configuration and is
willing to share the Apache config?

Regards, Dieter