Problem with log and PEAP/MS-CHAPv2

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 13 02:15:21 CEST 2017

On Apr 12, 2017, at 7:34 AM, Andrea Gabellini <andrea.gabellini at telecomitalia.sm> wrote:
> Now in the log, with the login incorrect, I found:
>
> Apr 12 13:31:28 radius31 radiusd[19562]: (8)   Login incorrect (mschap:
> MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect): [testuser] (from client wlc_wifi_tim
> port 0 via TLS tunnel)

  The (8) is the clue.

  You've started the server in daemon mode, but passed it "-xx" on the command line.  So *all* debug output is being sent to the main log file.

  The simple answer is "don't do that".

> The eap_peap logs seems a debug log. Is it corect?

  it's a debug log because you told it to be a debug log.

  It helps to pay attention to the configuration changes you make.