Acct-Status-Type = 7

Oscar Jofre oscar at jofre.com
Thu Apr 13 23:56:05 CEST 2017

Hi,

When I reboot a mikrotik with hotspot + radius activated, after reboot the
router sends Acct-Status-Type = 7.

What I understand is that with this Acct-Status-Type = 7 the mikrotik tells
radius that router has rebooted and then radius close all connections with
NAS-Reboot.

What happens in my case is that freeradius is not responding the
Acct-Status-Type = 7 and then mikrotik thinks that and accumulate timeoute
from raiuds.

Mikroitk keeps trying Acct-Status-Type = 7 and accumulates tiemouts.

When the first users connects, then mikrotik sends Access-Request and after
Access-Accept starts accounting. But then after that mikrotik sends another
and LAST Acct-Status-Type = 7 that makes this firs connection to close with
NAS-Reboot.

After that everything  goes ok but I have a user connected with NAS-Reboot
on Radius.

I did send this behavior to mikrotik.

My question is if it is correct that mikrotik is not reciving response from
Acct-Status-Type = 7  or maybe I have some misconfiguration on freeradius.

I'm using FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.10

Thanks !