What attribute to use to send custom info.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 18 21:56:57 CEST 2017

On Apr 18, 2017, at 3:45 PM, Kenroy <bennettk9999 at gmail.com> wrote:

>           What  attribute can i use to put custom information  (e.g  such
> as a token string generated by an application)   when I sent an
> Access-Accept and have that  attribute and value be returned in the
> accounting packets.

  The Class attribute is defined to behave this way.  Most NASes implement it.

  You *cannot* use any other attribute, because you don't control the NAS behaviour.

  Be also aware that many NASes won't handle Class attributes longer than 16 octets.  If you need more than that, you're better off storing the strings in a local DB, and using Class to transport some 16-byte key into the DB.