Line indentation using tabs?

Dagan McGregor list at sudo.nz
Wed Apr 19 02:50:01 CEST 2017

Hi,

The comments in the 'users' file mentions lines should be indented with a tab when providing options below a user name.

Do all the files require configuration lines to use tabs?  Or is does it only matter for user entries?

Are lines ignored if they are not indented with a tab?

I notice most of the configuration files use hard tabs but I am not sure if this is convenient or enforced.

Our coding setup uses spaces to replace tabs, so I need to make sure my deployed files are formatting correctly.

Cheers,
Dagan McGregor