Cannot get MySQL backend to work in Ubuntu 17.04

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Apr 24 15:22:13 CEST 2017

On Apr 24, 2017, at 6:47 AM, Martin Rys <spleefer90 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hiya, I've been trying for a while to get MySQL radius backend to work
> but only had success with the basic auth mode.
>
> select * from radpostauth;
> ^ Shows nothing, for some reason freeRADIUS doesn't even write there
> even though the log claims it does so successfully.

  The debug log shows it writing to radpostauth?

> Here is everything I tried, step by step.

  All we need is the debug output.  It doesn't matter what OS you're running.

a) configure the SQL module

b) put data into SQL

c) run the server in debug mode

d) read the output.  Or post it here.

  The server will print out what it's doing, and what's going wrong.

  If the server is inserting into SQL and you can't find the records in SQL... something is wrong on the SQL server.  Or, there's a cron job which deletes records from SQL.