Fresh installed Windows 10 Pro machine refuses to connect.

Selahattin Cilek selahattin_cilek at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 6 15:16:04 CEST 2017

On 06.08.2017 15:46, Alan DeKok wrote:
> On Aug 6, 2017, at 2:20 PM, Selahattin Cilek <selahattin_cilek at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, I will check that out. But I'd like to know what exactly the issue
>> is. That information might help me help those users that can't configure
>> anything themselves.
>    If FreeRADIUS had a useful error / message, it would print it in the debug output.
>
>    If I knew what the issue was, I would tell you.
>
>    Don't assume I'm keeping the solution secret.  I didn't write Windows, and I don't know anything about it.  If Windows chooses to not work with FreeRADIUS, go ask Microsoft how their software works.
>
>    Alan DeKok.

Yes, I see.

After some deliberation and research, I found out that:

1. We must first remove the network from the known networks list by
issuing the "netsh wlan delete profile name=[profile name]" command.

2. We must have the

     Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
         mschap
     }

entry in the "authenticate" section of the "inner-tunnel-peap" file.

Just for the record, you know, in case someone else has the same problem...

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

---