freeradius 3 - CoA & clients from db and not from clients.conf

Lakshman P lakshman at laurel.solutions
Wed Aug 9 14:07:14 CEST 2017

I am on Freeradius 3.0.15

When i add my client (NAS IP) in clients.conf my configuration of the CoA
is perfect, working fine without any problem.

The issue is my clients list should come from the database but not this
file. I add the client in my nas table and during the server startup i see
the message

rlm_sql (sql): Executing select query: SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type,
secret, server FROM nas

rlm_sql (sql): Adding client 192.168.0.12 (myNAS) to global clients list

rlm_sql (192.168.0.12): Client "myNAS" (sql) added

But when I send a CoA request i get the message

WARNING: Unknown destination 192.168.0.12:3799 for CoA request.

I am looking for a solution where i can have clients listed only in
database but
not in the clients.conf file.

Any thoughts??

Thanks.