FreeRadius 3.0.15 - Help with accounting

Aurélio de Souza Ribeiro Neto netolistas at mpc.com.br
Thu Aug 10 13:55:25 CEST 2017

Em 09/08/2017 20:54, Fajar A. Nugraha escreveu:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 3:41 AM, Aurélio de Souza Ribeiro Neto
> <netolistas at mpc.com.br> wrote:
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>>      Problem Output:
>>
>> (28461) Received Access-Request Id 185 from 172.17.43.2:54246 to
>> 187.120.197.140:1812 length 188
> - You say you have a problem with accounting entries
> - This is access request, not accounting start packet

     Sorry, you are right.

>> (28461) sql: Executing select query: SELECT radacctid, acctsessionid,
>> username, nasipaddress, nasportid, framedipaddress,
>> callingstationid, framedprotocol                                FROM radacct
>> WHERE username = 'waldemarjunior'                                AND
>> acctstoptime IS NULL                                AND framedipaddress NOT
>> REGEXP '^10\.'
> That one looks like simultaneous use check, but it's a customized one
> (AFAIK the examples don't use REGEXP). Did you create that? Or someone
> else did, and you simply inherit this machine?

     I did, for iternal purposes and it's ok for me since 2.2.9 verision.

>> Timeout: No Response from 172.17.43.2
> That looks suspicious. And MIGHT be the root cause of your problem.
     Very suspicious, I'm checking.

>> (28461) sql: Running Accounting section for automatically created accounting
>> 'stop'
> This seems to be a new feature introduced by
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/84e62deae4b4282fe70570be6a24be18a7bfe9f7
> . AFAIK it should only be executed if FR determines you have stale
> accounting entries, and not something that the NAS sends.
>
> Short version:
> - get a debug log where your NAS is actually sending the problematic
> accounting package
> - find out why the NAS does not response (i.e. the 'timeout' above)
> - take a look at your simultaneous use check, the problem might be there.

     Maybe an SNMP failure cause this for me.

     No problem for me the zap If the snmp for simultaneous-use fails.

     My question is: why the radacct registry is incomplete, without
nasporttype and callingstationid?

Thank You.

Aurélio