Freeradius 3.x with LDAP authentication

Adam Cage adamcage27 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 21:26:03 CEST 2017

Hi people, we wanna authenticate WiFi users against a Freeradius 3.x
server, these users are defined in a Windows Active Directory remote
server.

We have the base_dn search defined, and there they are all the valid users
who can use the WiFi service.

We wanna use LDAP to initially authenticate and in the future authorize the
accesses.

Please can anybody point to me a detailed howto, because we are confused if
we have to use LDAP with MSCHAP, PAP, EAP or whatever???
Aand also we are confused about the AD object we have to use in the filter
string: uid, samaccountname, mail...What does this selection
depend on ???

And the last question: I'm using a Debian server with the freeradius and
freeradius-ldap distribution packages, is it a good idea or
maybe it's better to use the tar.gz version???

Thanks to all, good bye.

ADAM