Update on v4

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 30 13:41:06 CEST 2017

On Aug 29, 2017, at 8:14 AM, Alan Buxey <alan.buxey at gmail.com> wrote:
> handy - but what about the logic that marks that server as
> dead/zombie?  can that call to home_server_1 be
> avoided already if the state of that server is already known?

  As of yesterday, yes.  Just set "no_connection_fail = yes" in the radius module configuration.

>>        parallel {
>>                home_server_1
>>                home_server_2
>>                home_server_3
>>        }
>>
>>  i.e. it sends packets t home_server_1, then 2, then 3.  It waits until it receives responses (or timeouts) from all of them.  It then continues with processing the request.
>
> can it not carry on as soon as one reply gets back?

  As of yesterday yes:

	parallel {
		home_server_1 {
			ok = return
		}
		home_server_2 {
			ok = return
		}
		home_server_2 {
			ok = return

  Will return from the "parallel" section as soon as the first module returns "ok".

  There's more to do before 4.0 is ready for a general release, but I can see many people switching to it soon for the magical new features.  :)