Running ntlm_auth as a connection pool

Arnab Roy arnabroy at mail.com
Thu Aug 31 12:11:46 CEST 2017

   Hi All,

   I am seeing some performance challenges with ntlm_auth (Currently
   running 3.0.15). My setup is pretty non-standard so I will apologise
   for this beforehand. But my hands are tied.

   Our mschap module actually calls a shell script which than calls
   ntlm_auth (we actually need to perform an ldap lookup before obtaining
   the samaccount name to pass to ntlm_auth), as expected this throws up
   some challenges under load.

   What I would like to know if its possible to do anything to improve
   performance under this circumstances. I know the direct winbind
   mode would have been great but the ldap lookup is critical for things
   to work our end.

   Mr Google returned some suggestions that their was an option to run
   ntlm_auth as a connection pool , is it still there / was it dropped in
   favour of direct winbind connectivity.

   Any suggestions welcome.

   Many Thanks
   Arnab