vAAA Dimesnioning

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Sun Dec 10 05:34:22 CET 2017

> On 10/12/2017, at 5:05 AM, Nader Zaki <nader_zaki at rayacorp.com> wrote:
>
> Dears,
>
> How do you do ?
>
> I appreciate your urgent support regarding vAAA dimensioning, now I have a 800 transactions/sec from P-GW to vAAA so I want to deploy this vAAA using freeradius v.3.0.15 so:
>

> 1.       How many VMs do I need for the vAAA ?
>
> 2.       What are the VM requirements needed: CPU, storage and RAM for each VM ?
>
> 3.       What is the CPU to be used ?
>

> Waiting for your prompt response.

This is a very wide set of questions, and can only be answered by you doing testing with your specific configuration. FreeRADIUS can be configured to do many, many different things, with many use cases being quite unique. A major factor that you have not mentioned at all, is which database you intend to use, if any - if this is not something you have considered, you are not at the stage of asking questions such as you have asked above, and I would strongly recommend either:
1) engaging an engineer who is competent in FreeRADIUS, of which there are many; or
2) deploying a proof of concept FreeRADIUS system, learn how it works in detail, break it, fix it, break it, fix it, etc. and then do some performance testing once you have figured out the optimal configuration for your environment.

--
Nathan Ward