EAP-TLV

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Dec 14 14:38:48 CET 2017

On Dec 14, 2017, at 2:53 AM, Vieri via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> I checked the logs on the client (Microsoft-Windows-Wired-AutoConfig), and here's all I can get:

  That's Microsoft for you.

> Doesn't ReasonText imply that the Radius server is actually sending back an EAP error?

  Sure.  It's lying.

  If FreeRADIUS sends an error, you would see the error in the debug output.  FreeRADIUS doesn't lie to you.

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that both the client and the server are blaming each other.

  You have all of the source code to FreeRADIUS, and can double-check it's operation.  All of the EAP standards are publicly available, and you can check out EAP works.  As the main FreeRADIUS developer, I'm telling you what's going on.

  In contrast, Microsoft gives you no source, no debug, and no access to developers.

  Don't say that both client and server are blaming each other.  That implies that *I'm* lying to you when I tell you what's going on.  It implies that FreeRADIUS is lying to you, too.

  You're making these statements here because you can't make them to Microsoft.  Well, that's not my problem.  Go ask Microsoft how their crappy software works, and how to fix it.

  I'm trying to help you, and you don't believe me.  You're free to go elsewhere.