EAP-TLV

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Dec 16 14:21:11 CET 2017

On Dec 15, 2017, at 7:40 AM, Vieri via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> I don't see such a big issue here, but if you do then please accept my apologies.

  Don't apologize, I'm cranky lots of times...

> The only thing I was saying is that, as an inexperienced user, I found it hard to understand why a server and a client would yield apparently different results. I wasn't judging anyone (MS or FR), just trying to understand what was going on, and if anyone here with more experience in the Windows arena would actually say something like "hey, you can get more info in the Windows client by looking or doing something else on that machine".

  It's Windows.  There are no good debug logs.

> It's as if the car mechanic tells me that the engine doesn't start because of a failing circuit in the main panel, but the electronic panel indicates that there's an issue with the engine. I'm not being disrespectful with the mechanic's profession or experience. I'm just pointing out something that is logically illogical.
> It might be a bad MS implementation as you state, but *maybe* it could very well be a bad FR configuration on *my behalf*...

  There's not much you can do to FreeRADIUS to make it *silently* do weird things.  If FR does something, it says what it does, and why.

  The overall point is one of trust.  I suggest people should trust FR, which is open and honest.  And me, who's open and a little more cranky.

  I suggest people don't trust MS.  It's an opaque product with opaque logs and opaque corporate tech support.