Multiple Interfaces, Not Seeing Requests

Matthew West matthew.t.west at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 01:08:08 CET 2017

Hi FR List,

> look to verify the server is listening.

Appears to be listening to all:
    udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1812            0.0.0.0:*
             12779/radiusd
    udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1813            0.0.0.0:*
             12779/radiusd

Firewall off:
    # systemctl status firewalld.service
    ● firewalld.service - firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/firewalld.service;
disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: inactive (dead)
         Docs: man:firewalld(1)

> RHEL/CentOS does not work well with multiple interfaces out of the box for some network configurations. You need to enable a > few kernel settings to make it do the right thing.
>
> It sounds like you may have one of the affected configurations.
>
> The issue is detailed here:
>   https://access.redhat.com/solutions/53031

OK, that makes sense in this circumstance.  I checked the setting and
it appears that the OS is running in strict mode for reverse path
filtering.

net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1

Since the requests are coming in the same interface that they would be
going out (same interface/address) why is this required?  I'm going to
do some troubleshooting and will let you know the results.

Thank You,

Matthew