The Class attributed is missing in some accounting packets sent from the same NAS.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 7 17:42:33 CET 2017

On Feb 7, 2017, at 11:30 AM, Selahattin Cilek <selahattin_cilek at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Could that be related the "raddb"s encoding? The characters 'I','ı','İ'
> and 'i' always cause problems in Turkish computing environments

  The "Class" attribute carries binary blobs.  There is no "text" or internationalization problems with it.

>>   b) the NAS is receiving the Class, and then not sending it back
> That was what came to my mind at first. But why is the same NAS sending
> it back for the other users?

  Ask the NAS why it's broken.  I have no idea.

> (You received the tcpdump output, right? I
> can't see it in your reply.)

  I didn't bother looking at it.  Ether the debug log shows Class is present, or it doesn't.  Either way, the TCPdump output is useless.  The debug output is a lot more useful, which is why we always ask for it, and why we never ask for tcpdump output.