Trying to Authorize Users based on AD Groups and SSIDs

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 16 14:18:57 CET 2017

On Feb 16, 2017, at 8:12 AM, Misbah Hussaini <misbhauddin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Alan,
>
>> The "if" condition doesn't match.  Why?  Go read the debug output.  Run
> tests on each "if" check.  >*Understand* how the server works.
>
> I changed the if condition to below but still the if condition is not
> matching, I can confirm from logs that Called-Station-SSID is set to
> SSID02362, what's wrong in the if condition?
>
> if (!State) {
>                if ((Called-Station-SSID == "SSID02362") ) {
>                        reject
>                }
>        }
>
> Here is processing of rewrite statement from debug, full debug can be found
> here -> http://pastebin.com/SuS2t9Er

  The server receives multiple packets.  Is that re-write piece being run in the same packet as the one doing the check?

  Did you set "copy_request_to_tunnel" in raddbs/mods-enabled/eap?

  If not, did you check the *outer* version of Called-Station-SSID?  i.e. "outer.request:Called-Station-SSID"?  See "man unlang" for details.

  Again, you need to pay attention, and to understand how the server works.  RADIUS isn't a simple protocol like DNS or DHCP.  There are many pieces, and many more possibilities.  Understanding how it works is crucial for fixing any issue.