redundant-load-balance

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jan 4 15:14:24 CET 2017

Hi,

using connection pools?  the server is used if theres a known connection
to it if using stateful methods - eg TCP and SSL...

are you using SSL based connections?  if so, is your OpenLDAP compiled against
OpenSSL or against LibNSS? if the later then theres  a hideous pit of incompatibilities
(that we hit) that can only be resolved by using a locally compiled version of OpenLDAP
compiled against OpenSSL (which results in a pretty flawless pool system).

we use the template method to define the basic properties of the servers too to
reduce the configuration (and possible mistakes).

alan