ssue with Acct-Status-Type

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Mon Jan 16 13:21:58 CET 2017

On 16/01/2017 10:14, Miha wrote:
> I am getting in Acct-Status-Type = 0
Then your NAS vendor doesn't read the RFCs (RFC2866 in this case). 0 is
not a permitted value.

Firstly, are you sure that you're actually receiving Acct-Status-Type
value 0? It's not just a default somewhere? Look at freeradius -X, or
tcpdump or radsniff, or your accounting detail file to see if the NAS is
actually sending Acct-Status-Type 0.  I would be surprised if it is.

Secondly, why do you think the value 0 means "Stop" ?  Does the vendor
document this behaviour?  If the vendor really is sending this illegal
value, it might mean something completely different.

> How can i set in default (sites-available) that if Acct-Status-Type =
> 0 i set it to Stop so that the same confg will be like for "Stop".
I think you should first get to the bottom of what's actually happening
on the wire.

But if you really want to paper over the cracks, you can use unlang:

if (Acct-Status-Type == 0) {
   update request {
     Acct-Status-Type := Stop

Or I suppose you could edit share/dictionary.rfc2866 to define a label
for value 0, but I don't think it would be a good idea to map two
different values to "Stop"

Regards,

Brian.