ERROR: No Auth-Type found: rejecting the user via Post-Auth-Type = Reject

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 18 17:39:09 CET 2017

> On Jan 18, 2017, at 11:35 AM, Mustafa Mujahid/SYS <mustafa.mujahid at nayatel.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I was working with free radius 3.0.12 and received the below errors in debug output.

  You need to read the debug output.  ALL OF IT.

  Reading only part of it means you're ignoring messages which will help you solve the problem.

> I was reading this :
>
> Qoute <
>
> When a RADIUS packet contains a clear-text password in the form of a User-Password attribute, the/rlm_pap/module may be used for authentication. The module requires a "known good" password, which it uses to validate the password given in the RADIUS packet. That "known good" password must be supplied by another module (e.g./rlm_files/,/rlm_ldap/, etc.), and is usually taken from a database.
>
> Unqoute >
>
> But I'm having a bit of trouble understanding. In my DB the Attribute is Cleartext-Password , which corresponds to a plain text password. So then why is this error generated. And how to mitigate it. What am I missing.

  Since you haven't said what you did, I can only guess.

  If you follow the documentation, it WILL WORK.  See the Wiki:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_sql

> The authorize section of my /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default  is read as:

  If you don't understand how the server works, you should NOT edit the default virtual server.  Make ONE change at a time.  Then, test the change, before making another one.