v3.0.12 build error on RHEL6

Chris Taylor (chtaylo2) chtaylo2 at cisco.com
Tue Jan 31 15:46:05 CET 2017

Thanks for the suggestions. With RHEL6 soon to be EOF, I gave v3.0.12 on RHEL7 a shot and it worked. I’m just going to re-spin these hosts to RHEL7 to make life easier.  ☺

Thanks
Chris

On 1/31/17, 6:12 AM, "Freeradius-Users on behalf of A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk" <freeradius-users-bounces+chtaylo2=cisco.com at lists.freeradius.org on behalf of A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

    Hi,

    > This might be an easier (and more quick way) way than bootstrapping a
    > modern GCC including dependencies properly on your own. I stumbled upon
    > SCL some time ago unrelated to FreeRADIUS. The version of GCC shipped
    > with EL6 is really becoming outdated to build for modern software on it.

    + - install devtoolset - version 6 i believe is the current, so

    yum install devtoolset-6

    then add the required source line to your profile, or run the required
    command before going to the FR source and doing the ./configure etc steps.

    alan
    -