timeout and period values are rounded

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jul 9 20:29:17 CEST 2017

On Jul 9, 2017, at 2:07 PM, denis <den.zinevich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought about bounds, but experiment showed that value is valid.
> As I wrote in first mail:
> WARNING: Ignoring "response_window = 60.000000", forcing to
> "response_window = 30.000000" (response_window=60 in config)
> WARNING: Ignoring "response_window = 70.000000", forcing to
> "response_window = 60.000000" (response_window=70 in config)
>
> so 60 seems to be valid value, it's just not set with response_window=60
> values response_window=25 or response_window=35 do not work as well

  The response_window has to be lower than 60.  It also has to be lower than max_request_time.

  And, you ignored Arran's other comments.

  Stop arguing about irrelevant details.  Go fix the home server so that it doesn't take 30 seconds to respond.

  No amount of poking the FreeRADIUS proxy will make the home server magically respond more quickly.

  There is no possible value of "response_window" which will fix the problem.

  Go fix the home server.  Stop arguing, and stop trying to create work-arounds.  Go fix the problem.