Trying to understand expression in SQL module

Kenroy bennettk9999 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 14:21:00 CEST 2017

Hi Alan,
  I know is an expressions that executes when the server starts  .
I am just trying to get familiar with the expressions and haven't see
anything that  explains the ellipsis in the wiki.

I wanted to know whats the purpose of the  ellipsis (*....*)  in front of
the  variable  *acct_table1   *for the expression ${*....*acct_table1}*  . *
Looking at the queries.conf file I would assume  the dots  is a means of
 referencing a variable in a parent block.

See my understanding so far in the following example. I just want to know
if I am on the right track with this.
blocks,a,b and c are just example blocks  to demonstrate my understanding
of creating expressions in unlang and not used in  freeradius.

varx='2'

a {
    var1='data1'

     b {