Ways to simplify configs?

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Thu Jul 27 12:43:39 CEST 2017

All,

Is there some way to condense the config into a few files?  I understand
that we want huntgroups and users to be their own things, but my
/usr/local/etc/raddb is currently 45 dirs and 215 files.

Try putting that in puppet, to push out to several servers.  I'm willing
to keep the full tree on my puppet server for editing, but setting that up
for deployment is insane.

Bind, for example, has a tool that will read in a config and output the
relevant, well-formatted, includes-processed, bit.

Any ideas?

-Dan

--

"Don't try to out-wierd me.  I get stranger things than you free with my
breakfast cereal."

-Button seen at I-CON XVII (and subsequently purchased)