FreeRadius 3 - FROM_UNIXTIME

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jul 29 15:17:48 CEST 2017

On Jul 29, 2017, at 9:06 AM, Aurélio de Souza Ribeiro Neto <netolistas at mpc.com.br> wrote:
>    The original queries in raddb/mods-config/sql/main/mysql/queries.conf using FROM_UNIXTIME are inserting/updating the radacct register with month-1. For example: today is 2017-07-29 and I have 2017-06-29.

  The FROM_UNIXTIME function takes a Unix time and converts it to a time that SQL can understand.  So if the output time is wrong, then the input time is wrong.

  So... where does that input time come from?

  If that time comes from Event-Timestamp, it's sent by the NAS.  Fix the time on the NAS so it's right.

  If that time comes from %l, it's time on the server.  Fix the time on the server so it's right.

  FreeRADIUS doesn't magically invent time.  It gets times from somewhere else.  So find out why those times are wrong.  No amount of poking FreeRADIUS will fix the broken time on your NAS.