Freeradius Proxy - Framed IP Address Accounting attribute

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Sun Jun 11 12:08:17 CEST 2017

On 11 June 2017 10:41:32 BST, Byron Jeffery <byronjeffery at cem.org.au> wrote:
>We are trailing a wifi system that does not send through the Framed IP
>Address attribute to our accounting server after the clients have
>successfully authenticated

That's not particularly useful.

Some NASes send the IP later in an Interim-Update. Have you checked that?

>I am of the mindset of setting up a Freeradius proxy server locally
>onsite with the purpose of sending back an accounting start with the Framed IP
>Address attribute to the accounting server but am unsure if this is
>even possible

Not sure where you expect the proxy server to get the data from if the NAS never sent it in the first place.

You need to fix the NAS, or look at another place to get the IP address from such as the DHCP logs.

If the NAS can't be fixed now might be a good time to trial a different wireless system if you need that functionality...

--
Matthew