Freeradius + AD authentication passing Domain+User

Alejandro Cabrera Obed aco1967 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 20:12:49 CEST 2017

Dear Alan, I'm following your guide "Configuring Authentication with Active
Directory" (http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_
directory.html) in order to analyze my configurations issues.

Please I will show you the most important parts of the tutorial, and I will
tell you what I put or what I get from the tests, so you can comment below
if you can:

*1) Configuring Freeradius to use ntlm_auth, in
/etc/freeradius/modules/ntlm_**auth:*

exec ntlm_auth {
                wait = yes
                program = "*/usr/bin/ntlm_auth* --request-nt-key
--domain=*DOMAIN.COM
<http://DOMAIN.COM>* --username=%{mschap:User-Name}
--password=%{User-Password}"
        }

But in /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default and inner-tunnel, I have not
the following authenticate sections at all:

authenticate {
        ntlm_auth

If I have to put them, what do I have to add in the "..." lines you don't
specify???

*2) After that, you recommend to use the testing command:*

$ radtest *user* *password* localhost 0 testing123

This user correspond to my domain "DOMAIN.COM", or is a local user in order
to test the config ???

*3) Configuring Freeradius to use ntlm_auth for MSCHAP*

In /etc/freeradius/modules/mschap file I put:

ntlm_auth = "*/usr/bin/ntlm_auth* --request-nt-key
--username=%{mschap:User-Name:-None}
--domain=%{%{mschap:NT-Domain}:-*DOMAIN.COM
<http://DOMAIN.COM>*} --challenge=%{mschap:Challenge:-00}
--nt-response=%{mschap:NT-Response:-00}"

After that I start the Freeradius service in debug mode, and I use radtest
command to send a MSCHAP authentication request. I have Freeradius 2.2.5,
so I execute:

$ radtest -t mschap bob hello localhost 0 testing123

Is bob/hello a username/password from DOMAIN.COM ???

If I execute this in this way:

Sending Access-Request of id 220 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812
        User-Name = "alejandro at domain.com <alcabrera at g-bapro.net>"
        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.1.250
        NAS-Port = 0
        Message-Authenticator = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
        MS-CHAP-Challenge = 0xdb6688ffc58b6208
        MS-CHAP-Response = 0x0001000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000000007cf9df3af3b49e1fa7eb2697b78da21f1e9dde3f44a6493a
ad_recv: *Access-Reject* packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 1812, id=220,
length=38
        MS-CHAP-Error = "\000E=691 R=1"

Please I'll be waiting for your feedback, special thanks !!!

Alejandro

--
 //  Alejandro   //