understanding NAS and accounting packets

Yusuf Siddiqui joseph490 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 09:00:08 CEST 2017

Hi Saurabh
You don't require a third party NAS server. Your Dlink is enough to work
like a NAS or you can make your local radius server machine a NAS.
Yes,you configure your wireless security using radius authentication and
configure the client credential on the page,that's it.

Regards
Yusuf

On 21-Jun-2017 3:21 am, "Saurabh Shandilya" <saurabhshandilya.1991 at gmail.com>
wrote:

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 3:02 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2017, at 5:23 PM, Saurabh Shandilya <
> saurabhshandilya.1991 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Now how to know about my NAS, as far as i know, its a very simple router
> > Dlink 850l Hardware Version A1, Firmware 1.12WW.
> > I mean what is the measuring axis for this to know about the kind of NAS
> > have and what all features it support ?
>
>   Ask the NAS vendor.
>
>   There are a 1000 companies selling NAS equipment.  Each company has 1000
> products and/or firmware revisions.
>
>   We can't keep track of them all.
>
>   Ask the NAS vendor for documentation on how their equipment works.

Indeed Alan,  I didn't mean to put that way to show you people that you
should do any such sort of thing.   All I meant was just to know about if
at all, there exists any such method(a call or functionality in the deivce
itself) that can tell on request if it supports these functions or not.
Anyway I understand your point and will search it out with my vendor.

Thanks

--
Regards,
saurabh shandilya