maintenance of radacct table

khouzam yaghi khouzam.yaghi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 23:03:52 CET 2017

In my case what i am doing is as follow:

I am using triggers on insert and update of the radacct table to update another table with download quota and upload quota, so that i only check the data limit of a user on a separate table which contains only 1 record per user, also i am running a cronjob script which copy the radacct sessions which has an acctstoptime not null to another table and then delete them from the radacct table, so that the radacct table will always contain the online users.
 i am not checking for data limit of a user on real time,so that the freeradius will only insert radacct sessions, and i am running a script every few minutes to get all users who exceeded there limit and make the action provided by the FUP rules and updating the radusergroup with the new speed.

Its working perfectly without any problems!