default authentication via windows active directory LDAP instead of /users

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Mar 7 20:32:37 CET 2017

On Mar 7, 2017, at 10:12 AM,  Konstantin Knaab-Hinrichs via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> I sucessfully set up a Debian 8 Server with FreeRadius and radtest can
> successfully authenticate users with cleartext passwords written into
> /users.
> I followed https://ttboa.wordpress.com/2014/09/26/freeradius-on-debian-7/ up
> to "Basic Authentication" and configured radiusd.conf following this - but
> without user credentials for the LDAP as the server accepts anonymous
> queries.
> https://www.clearos.com/resources/documentation/clearos/
> content:en_us:kb_howtos_setting_up_radius_to_use_ldap

  I'll second Alan Buxey's comments:

- third-party documentation is usually out of date, and is almost always wrong
- the server comes with tons of documentation and examples.  They're up to date, and correct
- the wiki has even more docs and examples
- run the server in debug mode (radiusd -X), and *read* the output.
- if you don't understand the output, post it to the list and we'll help you.