Problem with two ldap connections

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 15 00:26:32 CET 2017

On Mar 14, 2017, at 7:09 AM, Jörn Volkhausen <volkhausen.joern at gmx.de> wrote:

> Just for information of other people who have the same problem.
>
> Issue:
>
> The two ldap configurations are interacting in an undocumented way.

  Please don't post uninformed and incorrect guesses to the mailing list.

  If you don't understand what the server is doing, the reason is most often that your understanding is wrong.  Not that the server is doing something magic.

> Twe configuration of the first module is touching the second module
> configuration and instance.

  No.  That does not happen.  Ever.

> Solution:
>
> For me it helped to just define the basedn and filter in one of the two
> ldap configurations.

  That will not fix the problem.

  The problem is that your LDAP server is returning a redirect.  i.e.

1) you don't know how FreeRADIUS works.  This is understandable, as the server is complicated.

2) you don't know how your own LDAP server works.  This is a problem.

3) You made some erroneous conclusion because of (1) and (2), and

4) you're giving people the wrong advice.

  Please be sure to give *correct* advice.

> Thanks and hope it helps

  It doesn't help.  It makes things worse.  No one reading this should follow your advice.