TTLS+PAP with Windows

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 16:16:39 CET 2017

Hi,

> I was not able to connect with Windows (Linux, Andriod, iPhone
> worked) and with just a upgrade to FR3 everything was fine, so I was
> assuming there was a general problem with FR2, Debian package and
> Windows in combination. Probably it was only just my fault :)

old versions (2.2.5 is old...very old) havent had any work done to them - newer versions
have had all sorts added to them over the years - including basic
stuff such as EAP processing, certificate generation scripts etc - to ensure
that the server is generting certs that the modern OSes demand/require etc.

the general answer now is 'does it work on latest release' - little/no effort
will go into digging around old server versions and code - especially
if the latest release works (and if it doesnt, only the latest release will
get fixed)

alan