Unstructured Attr-26 in unlang

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 29 16:30:40 CEST 2017

On Mar 29, 2017, at 10:15 AM, Brian Candler <b.candler at pobox.com> wrote:

> On 28/03/2017 16:59, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>> Another hackish workaround is to define your own "26" attribute in the
>> dictionary.
>
> Genius! Added:
>
> ATTRIBUTE       Aten-Vendor-Specific    26      string
>
> And as far as I can see, it doesn't mess up other vendor-specific attributes. Users file:

  It doesn't.  If the numbers conflict, the "main" one is used for incoming packets.  But you can still use the name "Aten-Vendor-Specific" to create the Aten-specific data.

  After looking into this in v3, it's just too hard to fix perfectly..  I corrected the error messages, which should help.

  We put a lot of work into v4, in order to be able to use &Attr-26 and similar "raw" attributes.  Back-porting that to v3 would change a lot.  So, it's better to leave well enough alone.

  Alan DeKok