Correlating request and accept/reject log?

jm+freeradiususer at roth.lu jm+freeradiususer at roth.lu
Fri Mar 31 17:52:03 CEST 2017

> If only there was a newer version of the server available with updated
docs, and bugs fixed...

The explanation for that is that we are actually using Enterprise Linux
distros (RHEL, SLES), meaning: software is not bleeding edge.

Since we're paying support for that, we could ask them questions, but they
are probably not experts in every single product or technology that they
provide a package for. Even if they were, the limits of "normal" tech
support are quickly reached, and consulting becomes "necessary" (or at
least that's what they would tell you).

As an alternative we could install everything entirely up-to-date
manually. But then there would be no support, at least not for that
software. So we either would have to pay twice (#1: for the old version
that comes with the distro anyway, #2 for a newer version that we install
ourselves and that would thus not be covered by #1.) Or we could drop
Enterprise Linuxes entirely and either hope that everything works out, or
buy support for each individual software, which is unfeasible.

Now, however, we are OT I guess :)