EAP TLS against multiple certificates?

David Hartburn D.J.Hartburn at kent.ac.uk
Wed May 3 16:34:04 CEST 2017

Hi,

The clients had SHA1 certs and the FreeRADIUS server has a SHA1 chain.

Clients have just started to upgrade to SHA256 certificates which fail
when authing against the SHA1 chain on the server.

I have generated on our dev server a SHA256 chain, which will allow
those clients which have updated to authenticate, but it will lock out
those which still have SHA1.

If it is possible to use both types of chain, how do I go about that? It
does not look like you can have two ca_file entries in the eap
tls-config section. Is it possible to cat the two server files into a
single file pointed to by ca_file and have it work that way?

David