Defining multiple post-auth INSERT queries for the same table

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk
Tue May 16 23:48:36 CEST 2017

Ok,

>>instance. Do I simply name them (i.e. name_of_query = 'query here...')
>>and then just invoke them in their appropriate section?
>
>  It depends on what you want to do.  What's the schema and use-case?

Schema is something like this:

[gss_acceptor] [namespace] [username] [targeted_id]

The *-TargetedId entries depend on 3 attributes: GSS-Acceptor-Host-Name
(gives us Moonshot-Host-TargetedId), GSS-Acceptor-Realm-Name (gives us
Moonshot-Realm-TargetedId) and Trust-Router-COI (gives us
Moonshot-TR-COI-TargetedId).

Given the policy unlang to generate a targeted Id is exactly the same for
all three versions, except for the namespace and the GSS attribute, either
I define custom attributes in the UKERNA dictionary that I set the
gas_acceptor, namespace and targeted_id to for each generation, or I
change the schema to include all three like this:

[gss_acceptor_host_name] [gss_acceptor_realm_name] [trust_router_coi]
[namespace] [username] [host_targeted_id] [realm_targeted_id]
[tr_coi_targeted_id]

This just seems a waste of space.

What do you think is better? The first option? It seems more concise.

With Regards

Stefan Paetow
Moonshot Industry & Research Liaison Coordinator

t: +44 (0)1235 822 125
gpg: 0x3FCE5142
xmpp: stefanp at jabber.dev.ja.net
skype: stefan.paetow.janet

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by
guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT
No. GB 197 0632 86. JiscĀ¹s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower
Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.