Defining multiple post-auth INSERT queries for the same table

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 18 12:25:06 CEST 2017

On 18/05/17 01:00, Stefan Paetow wrote:

> Following on from this... How do I define multiple post-auth queries (to

AFAICT you can't do this. The code doesn't seem to support it, unless
I'm mistaken - the postauth handler uses the acct_redundant() function
in rlm_sql.c but that function seems to return if a query succeeded and
touched >0 rows, unless RLM_SQL_ALT_QUERY (constraint violation) is
returned.

It seems to be mainly designed for primary/fallback or failover?

FWIW we use SQL triggers for stuff like this, but I'm moving away from
using the SQL stuff entirely for acct/postauth - we've bumped up against
the limits of unlang and compiled-in module logic (and I'm abandoning C
as a lost cause ;o)