BYOD User and dynamic vlan

Matthew Newton matthew at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Fri May 19 16:04:38 CEST 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 09:53:10AM -0400, Luc Paulin wrote:
> I was wondering if it would be something possible to assign vlan based on
> the authentication type.
>
> I would like to enable wireless access to all user so they can login using
> the AD credentials. However corporate system would have to use a
> certificate so they can be place in another vlan in order to be able access
> corporate resource.

This is very common. You can do this with a bit of unlang (or
other methods) assuming your NAS has support. Most respond to the
standard Tunnel-Private-Group-Id attribute.

So you might do something list

    if (&EAP-Type == EAP-TLS) {
      update reply {
        Tunnel-Type := 13
        Tunnel-Medium-Type := 6
        Tunnel-Private-Group-Id := 100
    else {
      update reply {
        Tunnel-Type := 13
        Tunnel-Medium-Type := 6
        Tunnel-Private-Group-Id := 200

so if EAP-TLS is in use send back VLAN 100, otherwise send back
VLAN 200.

The attributes don't have to be set with unlang of course.

--
Matthew