Freeradius Multiple Disjoint Ad Domains

Matthew Newton matthew at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Tue May 23 12:27:33 CEST 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 09:09:58PM +0200, Arnab Roy wrote:
>    Looking through the source code I stumbled upon the following file in
>    nsswitch and saw your name as the author :) hope its the same Matthew

Yes it is, but writing patches for Samba over two years ago
doesn't make me an expert on it.

As I said before, I would strace ntlm_auth and winbindd, then you
can easily tell what pipes they are opening.

I think if you build Samba with a different --prefix then it will
start to look at different locations for these files. Otherwise
there might be a configuration option to set the pipe location.
Building and then stracing it will tell you what it's doing, if
you can't figure it out from the source.

I found the Samba guys are all friendly, I'm sure they can advise
on this. But I imagine you might get the answer "don't do that".

Otherwise do it the normal way and proxy to another machine. It
will be a lot more standard and other people will find it easier
to understand what you've done. And it will just work.

--
Matthew