Error: Discarding duplicate request from client

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 3 10:58:25 CET 2017

On Nov 3, 2017, at 5:47 AM, Krauss International <sanman.krauss at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting lot of error messages in radius logs saying
>
> Fri Nov  3 14:26:03 2017 : Error: Discarding duplicate request from client
> CCR port 59350 - ID: 202 due to unfinished request 12 in component
> post-auth module exec.

  The exec module is running a script, and that script is taking a long time.

> When users are trying to loh=gin in the NAS I can see in NAS logs that
> radius is timing out, what could be the reason for this?

  You configured the server to run a script, and the script takes a long time.

  Fix that.

  If the script takes more than 1ms to run, it's wrong.  If it takes 10s to run, then the script is very, very, wrong.

  Fix the script.  It's breaking the server.