Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 151, Issue 18

Peter Hutchison p.j.hutchison at hud.ac.uk
Thu Nov 9 09:37:37 CET 2017

>what you log will be dependent on what info you sent back to the NAS on the access-accept, what the NAS can send in accounting and what stage the AAA is at - at the auth stage you wont have an IP address of the client device - that'll come through after they've received an address via DHCP/SLAAC etc and the NAS has sent an interim-update - the user-name will depend on what was sent back in access accept and what the NAS decides to do - you'll otherwise have just the outerID as the user-name (and logs filled with lots of 'anonymous at realm' entries

>linelog is a trivial way - just look at linelog module and see the calls for accounting...and then just enable the linelog in the accounting section of the outer server alternatively, go for SQL - enable the detail SQL module and call it in the accounting section - for performance you probably DONT want this to be syncronous so use the buffered-sql virtual server to create a file which then gets slurped into SQL when theres resources (async).

That’s for the information, I eventually got it working. First I had to get the wireless AP's sending the accounting info to the correct port. Then I set up a new linelog entry for Interim-Updates (we get an Ip after they authenticate) Accounting-Requests. Then added the new wmodule to the accounting section in our virtual servers. Voila, accounting is now being logged!

Peter
University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.
[http://marketing.hud.ac.uk/_HOSTED/EmailSig2014/EmailSigFooter.jpg]