max_requests variable in radiusd.conf

Claudio Carvalho claudio at nextdigitalservices.com.br
Thu Nov 9 12:43:13 CET 2017

Hello,

I'm a new in freeradius and i have a question, what controls are made by the variable max_requests in radiusd.conf? all the established sessions of the various NASs are directly managed by the freeradius daemon or does this control reside in the database? I ask because if the session control is made entirely in the daemon without intervention of the database and it is necessary to work with load balance, the connections that arrive in this 2 freeradius servers must be tied "sticky" to the source IP, if you balance all connections without "sticky" feature this control would be broken , i'm correct?

Thanks,

Claudio