Zombie proxies with RadSec

Neuton Martins notuenmc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 22:49:58 CET 2017

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the feedback.
I only have the default log of the zombie message, as follow:
Mon Nov  6 18:31:03 2017 : Proxy: Marking home server 10.X.Y.Z port 2083 as
zombie (it has not responded in 30.000000 seconds).
Mon Nov  6 18:31:03 2017 : ERROR: (20792) ERROR: Failing proxied request
for user "xxxx at mpf.mp.br", due to lack of any response from home server
10.X.Y.z port 2083

And when i tried to use status-server with RadSec i got the following error:
Error: /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/tls[145]: Only 'status_check =
none' is allowed for home servers with 'proto = tcp'

My true problem is that my home_server is up, but for some reason the proxy
client thinks its down and marked it as zombie. I think this is related to
have two firewalls between proxy client and home server. However, i need
the proxy client to detect the connection error quickly and restart the
connection.

With regards,

Neuton