Tangential question to Alan D - a historical throwback

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 15 14:03:15 CET 2017

Hi Alan,

I'm popping this question on this list because a) the file in question (attached) has your copyright on it (NetworkRADIUS), and because this involves what appears to be historical (I can't find the file in Github).

The question is about this declaration:

extern const DICT_ATTR const *nr_dict_attr_names[];

In C++ this is ok, but in C (when pedantic mode is on), this generates the duplicate-decl-declaration warning (and subsequent error). So my question is this: How do we make that go away? :-)

Regards

Stefan Paetow
Moonshot Industry & Research Liaison Coordinator

t: +44 (0)1235 822 125
gpg: 0x3FCE5142
xmpp: stefanp at jabber.dev.ja.net
skype: stefan.paetow.janet