Is pkcs8 file format supported

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 28 18:06:40 CET 2017

On Nov 28, 2017, at 12:00 PM, Sumant Gupta <sumantgupta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually I am using a certificates generator tool which gives the output in
> pkcs8 format. So they need to be imported in radius .
> Seems like radius is not supporting the format.

  No.

  FreeRADIUS doesn't implement all of SSL / TLS.  We rely on OpenSSL to do that.

  As a result, FreeRADIUS requires the use of certificate formats that keep OpenSSL happy.  Because OpenSSL reads those certs.  FreeRADIUS doesn't.

> It would be good if radius supports the format as the task of converting
> into pem format will be eliminated.

  It would be good to understand what's going on before making passive-aggressive suggestions.