virtual servers

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 29 16:04:13 CET 2017

On Nov 29, 2017, at 9:56 AM, Andrew Meyer via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> Nov 29 08:54:47 asm-rancid02.mgt.asm.borg.local radiusd[17531]: # Instantiating module "eap-tls" from file /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/eap-ts
> Nov 29 08:54:47 asm-rancid02.mgt.asm.borg.local radiusd[17531]: /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/eap-ts[14]: Failed to find 'Auth-Type eap-tls' section.  Cannot authenticate users.

  You edited the configuration files and broke the server.  Don't do that.

> Is that because I haven't told a virtual server where to look yet?

  The message should be pretty clear.  Do you have an "Auth-Type eap-tls" section  in the new virtual server?

  You can't just follow instructions blindly.  You have to put *some* effort into it.

  Did you change the new virtual server to change "eap" to "eap-tls" *everywhere*?  No?  Then why do you expect it to use "eap-tls" instead of "eap"?

  The configuration files don't magically understand what you want to do.  That's your responsibility.