No EAP session matching state ...

Fikais Ladislav fikais at cuni.cz
Wed Oct 25 16:48:20 CEST 2017

  If I do that it says:

raddb/sites-enabled/tls[7]: Threading must be enabled for TLS sockets to
function properly
raddb/sites-enabled/tls[7]: You probably need to do 'radiusd -fxx -l stdout'
for debugging

  This output was generated with "radiusd -fxxx -l stdout". Isn't it "same"
(+timestamps)?

> >  I know that after daemon reload the EAP sessions are lost but it works
> > this way even if it runs for hours...  Am I doing something wrong?
>
>   No.  The server should work.
>
>   99.999% of the time, the error shows up because the client and/or NAS / AP
> is broken.
>
>   There is nothing you can do to FreeRADIUS to fix the problem.

  I've FRv2 (+RadSecProxy) which works and if I replace it with the this new
3.0.15 (w/o RadSecproxy, config from source), then local auth (WiFi
controlers, subordinate FRs) works fine. Yes, there are a few "No EAP sess..."
messages maybe like you are saying because something in WiFi network is
broken/bad signal/etc. But the main problem is that it behaves like this (even
worst - most requests are rejected) if the requests comes over radsec from
Czech national eduroam server at CESNET (they are using Radiator). They're
saying the problem is on my side...

  Isn't it possible there is something wrong in FRv3 radsec? Maybe some
packets are lost? Is there a way to debug it? It's TCP so if there is some
kind of network packet lost (which I think isn't) it shoud "survive", right?

Lada