Multiple Windows Domains

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 26 15:57:22 CEST 2017

On Oct 26, 2017, at 9:51 AM, Brian Smith - IN2IT <bsmith at in2it.co.za> wrote:
> Doing a little research. We have a customer that has 5 different Windows
> Active Directory domains (separate companies) all using their own IP address
> ranges. What they want to achieve, irrespective on where the users
> physically reside is for the radius server to identify the user from their
> login details

  How does the RADIUS server identify the user from their login details?

> and then issue out the correct IP address for that company.

  Issue the IP address... how?  Via RADIUS? DHCP?

> Has anyone done anything like this using FreeRadius?

  More details would be useful.

  If you just want to assign IPs in RADIUS from an LDAP query, then it's pretty simple to do.  Just configure AD as an LDAP server, and then write the LDAP queries.

  The short answer is that FreeRADIUS can do pretty much anything.  But you can't configure it to do anything until you (a) know what you have, and (b) know what you want.