Help with ippool-dhcp servers (two in redundancy)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 30 18:35:56 CET 2017

On Oct 30, 2017, at 12:26 PM, Nataniel Klug <nataniel.klug at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like just one of the servers to reply and if it's offline the other
> replies.

  That's a lot more complicated to configure.  FreeRADIUS is a stand-alone server, and doesn't really have provisions for interconnecting multiple servers.

> *radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.12, for host x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu,
> built on Feb  2 2017 at 15:00:22*
> *FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.12*

  That should be fine, I think.

> I don't think I have the up-to-date queries.

  It's easy enough to check.

> I would love to run it over
> PostgreSQL and I know that it is better but I don't have a reliable HA
> environment for PostgreSQL. I downloaded version 3.0.15 and the queries
> look exactly the same.

  So then it should work.  Except that InnoDB is terrible. :(

  The other option is to double-check the indexes.  The default schema indexes the fields in the WHERE clause, which means that it *shouldn't* do table-level locks.

> I think until version 4 I will leave one of the
> servers in standby and watching for the other server and, if the first get
> down the script will enable the second one. Hot standby.

  That's simple.